Did you ever wonder what all those chemicals in the shaving cream you buy at the store do to your skin?
Your skin is vulnerable during shaving. You’ve applied warm water to soften the hairs, which opens your pores, allowing more of whatever is resting on the surface of your skin to sink deeper into it. Unfortunately many over-the-counter products contain potentially harmful chemicals that may not be good for your skin or your health.
Here is a homemade shaving cream that is natural, delicate and does not harm your skin.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup shea butter
- 2 tablespoons olive, jojoba or sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap
- In a small saucepan, melt shea butter and coconut oil over the lowest heat setting on the stove. Stir occasionally until fully melted.
- Add olive oil and stir untll fully blended. Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl or any size jar and place in the fridge until it’s solid.